Thursday 11 February 2010

A Cut Above the Rest

I’m not vegetarian. Meat is important to me. I love how when it comes down to it our bodies tell us what we need. Thirsty? Must drink water. Low iron level? Crave steak.

BTW, I’m a dietitian by training, but yes, my blog focuses on décor, not diet. Don’t judge.

Steak knives are great table dressing. The stainless steel ones are so classy and make me feel all grown up in restaurants.

Recently though, I was in Paris taking a spin through Monoprix, a major French supermarket chain, and found a new take on the steak knife: A set of steak knives in their own chopping block


This unique and colorful design will snaz up your tables for buffet-style suppers or casual dinner parties.









I spotted it in John Lewis as well. For my friends back in the States, you can buy the knives sans knife block at Crate & Barrel for $39.95



or check out these variations with the block by Wüsthof available at Crate & Barrel and Sur La Table, respectively



And for the record, I’m not at all suggesting giving knives as a Valentine’s Day present; that could end up messy.

2 comments:

  1. Love those colorful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog Lori! I've been a bit "mia" with starting a new job, but am happy to be posting again on a regular basis. Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete