Saturday 1 May 2010

Poster Perfect

Dear 3 followers (and anyone else scoping out my blog!), Apologies for the 2 month gap, a girl's gotta' work, and I happily picked up work in the UK to help pay the electric bill that runs the battery for this laptop I am typing from.

So, I admit it...I'm a poster snob. I feel they're "studenty" as they say here in Scotland. It reminds me of college dorm room days, which, let's face it, was the first time many of us displayed our interior decorating skills. And as students, we had to do it on the cheap, taping posters of famous and favourite rock bands, actors/actresses and artwork onto the four walls of what was to be home.

When moving to Scotland last summer, I opted the route of renting a furnished flat, which included the below scary poster hanging over the master bed:


In simple words: It creeped me out. A change was needed, but I to stay on budget, so I was excited to catch a glimpse of this great foodie poster (yes, poster) in the gift shop of the Churchill War Rooms in London:



The poster's nutrition message appeals to me as I'm a dietitian by training. So, lessons learned: 1) poster art can work if it tells a story you are passionate about, but I recommend just one per household, please! and 2) You can find fab home decor anywhere, including a fantastic history museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment